Park Ridge Country Club is a private club that was established in 1906 and features an 18-hole golf course that was designed by H.J. Tweedie.
Park Ridge Country Club hosts the Richard E. Peterson Champion of Champions invitational golf tournament for men, which was first played in 1933, and held annually until 1984. In 1998, Park Ridge Country Club resurrected the event and has become the permanent site for this prestigious tournament.
The Western Golf Association donated the championship trophy that will be housed at the champion’s home club for one year following his victory. The tournament is a one-day, stroke play, 18-hole tournament with a sudden death feature to decide 1st place if necessary. Eligible participants are the Club Champions from approximately 100 Chicago Area country clubs or golf clubs.