Riverside Golf Club is a private, 18-hole facility that was established in 1893, making it the oldest golf club west of the Appalachian Mountains on the original site. The original course was laid out in 1893 and the club was incorporated in 1897.
Riverside Golf Club borders the banks of the Des Plaines River between Cermak Road and 26th Street. A founding member of the Western Golf Association, the club is an active supporter of the Evans Scholarship Program.
In 1893, the golf course consisted of 3 holes and expanded to 5 holes later that season. A nine-hole course was introduced in 1894.
After purchasing additional land adjacent to its original property, Riverside Golf Club built a new clubhouse on the river bank of the newly acquired land. Noted golf course architect William Langford designed a new 18 hole course that opened in 1919.
The golf course was renovated in 2015, with the bunkers returning to the original Langford style with grass faces. Tree removal was also part of the renovation and some new tee boxes were added and a few greens were expanded.