With the popularity of indoor golf simulators exploding across the country, Titleist has introduced the new Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls with Radar Capture Technology (RCT), that are designed to enhance the data capture of launch conditions in an indoor environment and deliver the most accurate information possible. Developed by Titleist Golf Ball R&D engineers and validated in collaboration with a team of TrackMan experts, Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls with Radar Capture Technology (RCT) are the next step in upgrading the value provided by golf simulators within an indoor environment by providing even more reliable data.
Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls help improve the TrackMan experience for indoor golf club fitting specialists. Also benefitting from the new technology are coaches and instructors looking to give their players even better tools to work with. Tour professionals and golfers seeking precision data capture from their indoor practice sessions also will see better data from Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls.
“Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls combine the game’s greatest combination of speed, spin, and feel with new technology that more consistently captures precision performance and golf ball data from TrackMan units used in an indoor setting,” said Jeremy Stone, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “We have worked closely with TrackMan for more than two years to optimize this embedded radar reflective, patent pending technology. The result is a reliably strong ‘signal’ that enables spin capture on all shots.”
“We’re delighted to partner with Acushnet on the launch of the Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls,” said TrackMan CEO and co-founder, Klaus Eldrup-Jorgensen. “Titleist is a brand that goes to extraordinary heights to ensure the premium quality and performance of its products and that mirrors TrackMan’s approach to technology, innovation and development.”
Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT models offer the same design, quality and performance as Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls but with the enhanced benefit of indoor radar signal capture:
- Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT do not require application of reflective spin markers or precision orientation, benefitting indoor-only and seasonal golf facilities that operate a TrackMan simulator and enhancing the golfer experience.
- Testing of Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT models shows a 99 percent signal capture that delivers true spin, resulting in even more accurate carry and total distance calculations.
- Spin is critical to deliver an accurate data set indoors, contributing to key data points such as peak height, angle of descent, carry distance, roll out, and overall distance.
- RCT has enabled TrackMan to improve the spin detection algorithm to require less ball flight to measure spin rate, benefiting, in particular, high ball speed/low spin rate scenarios.
- Pro V1 RCT ball models conform with USGA and R&A rules.