Our guest this episode on The Chicago Golf Report podcast is John Iacono, Founder and President of Zero Friction Golf. Based in Oakbrook Terrace, Zero Friction offers performance driven golf products including golf tees, golf balls, grips and the universal fit, one size performance golf glove available for men, ladies and youth in a variety of colors.
The company’s Wheel Pro Push Cart bag recently received an award at the Annual ING Industry Honors Awards Program for Top Product in the Product Ingenuity – Accessories/Soft Goods category. The Wheel Pro Push Cart bag, which was released in 2022, is a three in one product with a single strap, six full-length dividers and seven zippered pockets.
In this conversation with John we learn:
- How a wood dowel manufacturing company eventually found its way to the golf business
- The revolutionary science behind the three prong Zero Friction golf tee
- How caddying at Oak Park Country Club impacted John’s career and how he creates products
- When a trip to PGA TOUR Superstore produced the idea for a one size fits all golf glove
- The two essential ingredients in every successful product
- The unique and highly valuable life skills that young caddies receive on the golf course
- Which new products from other golf companies that John is looking forward to