Our guest this episode on The Chicago Golf Report podcast is master club fitter and golf equipment specialist at True Spec Golf, Carmen Corvino. True Spec Golf has two Chicagoland locations in Highland Park and Geneva and 30+ locations worldwide.
Carmen works with customers to educate, fit and build the most well-constructed, precise set of golf clubs they’ve ever played. True Spec Golf utilizes launch monitor technology and Club-Conex adapter systems to offer a brand agnostic matrix of over 50,000 clubhead and shaft combinations.
In this discussion we learn about:
- Why persistence is often required for a career in the golf business
- The path to becoming a master club fitter
- Why attention to detail is a core value at True Spec Golf
- What golfers can expect when scheduling a club fitting at the True Spec Golf locations in Highland Park and Geneva
- Why each golfer is essentially a different puzzle for a golf club fitter
- Why getting fit for clubs can be a significant advantage for new golfers
- What variables impact the golf swing and properly fit clubs for golfers
- Why Carmen prefers a pragmatic, testing approach to club fitting
- How golf simulators have revolutionized golf club fitting
- What data metrics golfers should be looking at from a launch monitor
- Why putter fitting may provide the biggest return on your investment