Our guest this episode on The Chicago Golf Report podcast is Nick Larkin from The Shack Indoor Golf Club in Glenview. Designed for year-round, all-weather, day-or-night golf play and sports action, The Shack Indoor Golf Club is the North Shore’s premier indoor golf club.
Featuring Trackman golf simulators that offer 100+ championship courses, The Shack offers half-hour and hourly simulator time and monthly memberships. Menu items include flatbreads, sandwiches, hot dogs and nachos as well as domestic and imported beers, premium spirits, and specialty cocktails.
In this conversation with Nick we discuss:
- Why the pandemic was the perfect time to open The Shack Indoor Golf Club
- What it takes to balance a young family and the demands of a new business
- Why Glenview was the perfect location for the business
- The benefits of premium TrackMan technology used in their golf simulators
- Why many local individuals and businesses turn to The Shack to host their special events
- Possible future plans for the business including additional simulator bays, new locations and franchises
Podcast: Play in new window | Download