Our guest this episode on The Chicago Golf Report podcast is Ben Hutchison, Media Marketing Manager at Mistwood Golf Club. Ben is the driving force behind the popular online video and audio content created by Mistwood, including Bens in the Bunker, Cartpooling and the Party of Fore podcast.
Designed and renovated by course designer Ray Hearn, Mistwood Golf Club is located in south-suburban Romeoville that offers a 5,000 square foot performance center and 26,000 square foot clubhouse, featuring the Scottish-inspired McWethy’s Tavern and Great Hall banquet facility. Mistwood Golf Dome is 60,000 square foot, fully heated dome with 30 hitting bays and three golf simulator suites located on Route 53 in Bolingbrook.
In this conversation with Ben we discuss:
- Why he left a successful career as a TV news anchor for the golf business
- How the late Jim McWethy helped establish a culture of excellence at Mistwood
- Where his unique and entertaining content ideas come from
- Why team chemistry is important to creating video and podcasts
- How Mistwood works to balance membership, public play and taking care of the golf course
- The secret to “attracting” sponsors for some of their show segments
- Why his role at Mistwood is akin to Stretch Armstrong
- What the team at Mistwood looks for before adding a new technology to their facilities